Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fever dreams

In the town I know
each street is mapped
from square to beaches
It seems impossible not to exist

And yet each day
I awake
unable to shake
The City off my back.

I know the coasts, the names, the books,
yet
I forget

There is music and stories,
history and ruins
which I am part of
no two dreams are ever the same
only the City doesn't change
so much

Everyone I know
is there
in the City

I know where they are
mostly I choose not to visit

There is always a storm,
as in
my memory.

There is:
StPaddie
Mardigras
Festival
Holi
La Tamatina
Midsommar
and
El Día de los Muertos

never a reason not to go.

I however, am always running
down cobbled streets
towards the shipyard
I always miss the buss

I'm carrying heavy bags
my legs are leaden
the pain is sharp

sometimes the whole dream
is a packing nightmare
packing and packing
yet never packed

There are busses galore
the city is well structured
I have to catch 23 then 16
It passes my old house
the 23

The old house I used to live in had a bad landlord
the new one has a snob for it
but it came with an organ
I simply must learn
to play the harpsichord

the 16 buss is depressing, under duress.
I miss the cobblestones,
not to be played by the wheels of the express

Theres a liquor store next to the bus stop
but its always closed.

If I get from the ithsmus (downtown)
to the jetty (on the mainland)

I then always miss the boat
so renting a speedboat, a rowboat or wetsuit.
I try to cross.

Why am I leaving the City?

Connected to an airplane
my boat, not me.

Usually I end up on the other side of the bay
Missing the airport completely.

Once in a while I catch the boat, then the plane
it then bursts into flames.
Or sometimes it goes into space
or drops me off at my moms house.
I perfer the flames
or space

Oh yeah! there's always the parachute.
Doesn't work with mom.

Fevers are better than books.

No comments:

Post a Comment